How Long Does a Roof Last in Ogden, UT?
SRD Roofing Explains a Roof’s Lifespan
Your roof’s lifespan isn’t a set number of years. We consider many factors to determine a roof’s lifespan, including its type, installation quality, and inclement weather risk. At SRD Roofing, we provide homes and businesses in Ogden and Brigham City, UT, with the highest quality roofs. We have the latest tools and knowledge to ensure your roof stays in optimal shape for as long as possible. Whether you want a tile roof that can last more than 50 years or love the look of asphalt shingles that last about 20 years, we’ll help you find the best type of roofing to meet your needs. Our experts will explain the typical lifespans of specific roofs and the potential impacts on their quality. Contact us today to schedule your free roof repair or replacement estimate.
Most Common Roof Types and Their Lifespans
Your roof’s life expectancy is most commonly based on its construction type. The most common types of roofs and their typical lifespan include:
- Metal Roof – Thin metal roofs last up to 25 years, while thicker metal roofs can last for over 50 years. Many people love the durability and energy efficiency of a metal roof.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles – Architectural asphalt shingles last about 30 to 50 years. Architectural asphalt shingles are made of thick and durable materials in various colors.
- Asphalt Shingles – Asphalt shingles usually last about 15 to 20 years. Three-tab asphalt shingles are one of the most common roofing types but offer lower wind and inclement weather resistance than many other types of roofs.
- Flat Roofs – Most flat roofs are more resistant to wind and stand up to damage, giving them about a 10-to-40-year lifespan. Many people love their modern look and lack maintenance needs.
Factors That Affect Your Roof’s Lifespan
Many factors can directly impact your roof’s lifespan. The most common factors that affect your roof’s lifespan include:
- Color – The lifespan is typically shorter if your roof is made of dark materials that absorb a large amount of heat.
- Quality – We only use the highest quality roofing materials to ensure the longest lifespan possible for your type of roof.
- Angles – Higher-pitched roofs tend to last longer because moisture can run off the surface efficiently.
- Installation – It’s critical to hire quality roofing contractors like ours to ensure proper roofing installation.
- Attic Ventilation – A poorly ventilated attic cannot adequately eliminate moisture and reduces the roof’s lifespan.
- Harsh Weather – Severe or extreme weather leads to the expansion and contraction of roof materials and damage.
Signs You Need a New Roof
It’s essential to understand the signs that your roof’s lifespan is ending. The most common signs you need a new roof include:
- Water Damage
- Roofing Material Damage
- Ceiling Discoloration
- Visible Damage
Contact SRD Roofing Today!
SRD Roofing is a local leader in roofing services. We offer comprehensive roofing services for the area, including emergency roof repairs and roofing installation. We have more than 20 years of service in the roofing industry, helping customers prolong the lifespan of their roofs. We exceed our customers’ expectations for every roofing project. Contact us for a free estimate for all your roofing needs.
We Have You Covered
- Emergency Repairs
- Fast Response Time
- Clean and Professional Crew
- Customer Satisfaction Focused
- Competitive Prices for all Services