Shingle Showdown: Architectural Shingles vs. Three-Tab
Choosing the right roof to protect your home and family is important. Luckily, the experts at SRD Roofing are available to help you make the right decision on your roof replacement service. Asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing options throughout Brigham City, UT, and the surrounding towns because they are versatile, cost-effective, and can match virtually any home style. A new roof not only better protects your home but will also boost its curb appeal. If you plan on selling your home any time soon, a new roof is a great way to entice potential buyers. Whatever your reason for installing a replacement roof, the two most common types are architectural asphalt shingles and three-tab shingles. Learn more about the differences between these two roofing types, and then contact SRD Roofing for a free roof replacement estimate.
One of the most significant considerations homeowners have when installing a replacement roof is cost. Installing a new roof is a hefty investment, and homeowners want to maximize the value of their service to ensure every dollar they spend is worth it. Both three-tab and laminated shingles have advantages and disadvantages when it comes to cost. The roofers at SRD Roofing can assist you in finding the right roofing option to match your budget.
- Three-Tab Shingles – For budget-minded homeowners, three-tab shingles are the way to go. They offer a low up-front installation cost. However, they don’t normally last as long as architectural shingles, so you may need to repair and replace them more frequently.
- Laminated Shingles – Laminated shingles have a slightly higher initial installation cost. However, the price is offset by their extended life span when compared to three-tab asphalt shingles.
Updating your home’s roof is one of the best investments you can make. It offers protection to your home but will also improve your home’s curb appeal. At SRD Roofing, our roofing contractors offer both three-tab and laminated shingles in a wide variety of colors to match your home’s design aesthetic. However, there are multiple differences that some homeowners may find more appealing than others.
- Three-Tab Shingles – Three-tab shingles are installed with staggered joints, which nearly mimic bricklaying. This offers the best protection and a cohesive look. At SRD Roofing, we have a wide selection of colors and styles available to customize your home.
- Architectural Shingles – Architectural shingles are made using the same material as traditional three-tab shingles but utilize about 50% more material to give it a thick, fuller look. Architectural shingles are manufactured to provide the same design elements as cedarwood shingles while providing better protection. Architectural shingles are also available in a wide selection of colors and styles.
As roofing materials, equipment, and methods continue to improve, so too will the performance of your new roof. The expertly trained roofing contractors at SRD Roofing provide high-quality roofing installation for homeowners throughout the area, so you can always expect your home’s new roof to perform during adverse weather conditions.
- Three-Tab Shingles – Three-tab shingles can withstand wind gusts of up to 60 mph. On average, three-tab asphalt shingles have a lifespan of about 7 to 10 years. Under optimal weather conditions, they may sometimes last as long as 15 years.
- Architectural Shingles – Architectural shingles offer better performance than three-tab shingles. Laminated shingles can withstand wind gusts between 80 mph to 120 mph. They have an average lifespan of about 18 to 20 years, but they may last up to 30 years if properly cared for.
Choose the Trusted Roofing Contractors
For years, homeowners throughout Ogden and Brigham City, UT, have trusted the professional roofing contractors at SRD Roofing for all their three-tab and architectural shingle roof replacement and repair services. As a locally-owned and operated roofing company, our goal is to provide our customers and neighbors with all the information they need to make an informed decision about their roof repair and replacement service. Asphalt roofs are some of the most versatile roofing solutions available on the market, and our team has the appropriate tools and knowledge to ensure proper insulation. Whether you’re looking for a cost-effective and efficient roofing solution such as three-tab roofing or stylish and long-lasting roofing material, such as architectural shingles, we can assist you. Contact our team today to get started with a free repair or replacement estimate.
We Have You Covered
- Emergency Repairs
- Fast Response Time
- Clean and Professional Crew
- Customer Satisfaction Focused
- Competitive Prices for all Services